Arsenal travel to the Stadium of Light to take on Sunderland on Saturday, a ground where they have only lost on one of their last trips in the league (W5 D3 L1).
- Craig Gardner, Phillip Bardsley, Lee Cattermole and Connor Wickham will all miss out with injury.
- John O’Shea is suspended following his red card in the 3-1 defeat to Crystal Palace.
- Wes Brown is a doubt, but this game is likely to come too soon for the defender.
- Arsenal face a number of injury concerns ahead of the trip to Sunderland, with Tomas Rosicky, Abou Diaby, Thomas Vermaelen, Mikel Arteta, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lukas Podolski and Yaya Sanogo all sidelined.
- Theo Walcott was a doubt after picking up a knock in England‘s 0-0 draw with Ukraine, but Arsene Wenger has confirmed that he, along with Jack Wilshere, is fit.
- Arsene Wenger has not yet made a decision as to whether Mesut Özil will start.
- Sunderland are 1 of only 3 teams yet to pick up a Premier League win this season and manager Paolo Di Canio will be wanting to see his team capitalise on Arsenal’s injury problems.
- Arsenal will be in confident mood following the signing of Mesut Özil and the Germany international will be expected to start from the off against the Black Cats.
- The outcome of the game is likely to be decided by what goes on in the middle of the park and Arsenal’s passing approach has proved the difference in their Premier League victories so far.
Score: Sunderland 0 Arsenal 2
What do you think the score will be?