What a difference a week makes. Last week we were furious at the way that Arsenal played in the defeat at home to Aston Villa. But after wins in Turkey and at Craven Cottage, life is looking a little better for Arsenal fans.
Some quick thoughts on today’s win. First the good.
- Aaron Ramsey followed up his terrific performance in Turkey with another man of the match performance today. Is this the season that Ramsey turns into the top class player that we all think he can be?
- Two goals from Lukas Podolski and a terrific performance. Both goals came when arrived in the box late, instead of leading the line. Hopefully his performance will cause Arsene Wenger to give him some more chances
- Olivier Giroud has continued his fine preseason form with three goals in three games. Last season Giroud seemed to get himself into good positions but seemed to lack the composure in front of goal. This season he is converting those chances into goals. Is 20+ goals this season a realistic option?
- Theo continues to create chances with his speed. Did not score today, but was at the heart of everything Arsenal did that was good
- Santi Cazorla. Continues to impress me every time he steps onto the pitch
- Arsenal’s subs today were Fabianski, Frimpong, Gnabry, Zelalemc, Wilshere and Monreal. That is not a strong enough bench to contend for a Champions League spot. Good job that Arsenal were not chasing the game as Wenger did not having many options there
What did you think of the win and performance today?